Pages

Thursday 11 December 2014

If There Were No Luck Involved, I'd Win Every Time! [Square #13 and a free chart]

A fair few years ago now, my husband was really into playing online poker. In fact he became a bit obsessed with the game in general. He got some books by the pros and we'd watch it on TV a lot; especially the World Series of Poker. I even bought him a Phil Helmuth bobblehead for Christmas a couple of years ago.

The obsession's waned a bit these days but we still watch the occasional televised match, usually when Victoria Coren-Mitchell's playing because, let's face it, she's awesome.So it was a no-brainer to put some kind of poker-related square into the husband's blanket.

I decided to keep it simple and go for Pocket Rockets and obviously use 'the prettiest card in the deck' as one of them. Unsurprisingly, I couldn't find any poker knitting charts out there so I made my own.

Square Number 13: Pocket rockets (aka a pair of aces)





The cards are a little squat and fat, more square than rectangle, so maybe if I made them again, I'd squish the cards in a little more width-wise. Weirdly though, I quite like them looking squarer, there's something aesthetically pleasing about squares inside a square - but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, if anyone wants to make this, I've added the chart below. It's unaltered from when I originally made it so you may want to fiddle around with it to make the cards more rectangular. If you do use it, please credit me and I'd love to see whatever you've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com