Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween! Witness the Blanket of Doom!

Lets start this blog with my current WIP.

I was looking for something special to make for the husband's 40th birthday. I've made him items for the past few birthdays (I will post pics of these at a later date) but I wanted this year's to be extra special. Then I stumbled across the Geek-A-Long by Lattes and Lamas Their aim is to make a blanket over the course of a year, making a geeky square every week. A geeky blanket is the perfect present for him to use on those cold nights snuggled up in front of the latest boxset or WWE pay-per-view.

As most of the squares on the GAL blanket so far are more suited to my fandoms than my husband's, I've decided to use GAL more as inspiration for my husband's blanket; using only a few of the designs they've featured but sticking to the size and style.

I'm up to square 11 right now (only 37 more to go) so I will make a post about each of these every couple of days and then each new square as I finish them.

Square number 1: Dungeons and Dragons

Despite me saying earlier that the GAL blanket was more suited to me, there are a few squares that are ideal for my husband and this is one of them. A large chunk of his teen years were spent playing D&D so I knew that I had to start with this 20 sided dice.


Most of this square was spent re-teaching myself how to do double knitting with the help of a couple of handy Youtube tutorials. So there were more than a few false starts but I love how it turned out and the use of dark purple and baby blue really makes the design pop.

Thanks for dropping by. Have a great Halloween and I hope you get more tricks than treats ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com