Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Sometimes I Doubt Your Commitment to Sparkle Motion

I've been a bit tardy keeping up with this blog again but I did have a good reason. I've been really busy coming up with designs for that new mug printing venture I mentioned in the last post. That has been going very well, the test mugs have come out even better than expected and I've listed the first 18 designs in my Ebay and Etsy shops.
Here is a photo of the first test mug (which my husband has now stolen to use in work).
It's all very exciting.

Also, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend just had twins. That's not really to blame for me not posting because the hospital isn't allowing visitors yet so we haven't been to see them. It's just really great news and added to the general excitement of the week.

Anyway, to make up for the fact I haven't posted all week, I'm going to do another double post; two squares from the blanket of doom and a free chart thrown in too.

For the first of the squares, I went back to my husband's favourite films and decided to do a Donnie Darko one because who doesn't want a terrifying giant rabbit on their cosy blanket. right? I actually really wanted to do a Sparkle Motion square but that's just too girly - it'll have to be on my own blanket of doom if I ever get around to doing that.

I managed to find a few cross stitch designs of Frank the rabbit but none of them were small enough to fit on my square so I made my own chart which I then knitted up in black and sky blue.

Square number 20: Donnie Darko

[This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here. ]





The next square was one that I'd been putting off for a while. When coming up with the initial list of squares one of the more obvious choices was Doctor Who. The problem is that my husband is a fan of old school Doctor Who and isn't all that enamoured with the new series if I'm honest - especially since Russell T Davis left. So I really wanted to try and find something that was more geared towards the pre-Eccleston era.

I did come up with the idea to make a stripey square that would represent Tom Baker's scarf but I just didn't have the right colours in my stash. Eventually, I threw my hands in the air and informed the husband that he was getting a dalek square and that I wasn't going to listen to any arguments; to which he shrugged and said that he really likes daleks and didn't know why I hadn't gone with that in the first place. Typical!

Square 21: Doctor Who

I found this great chart by meredee on imgur and it was perfect. The right size and a really good portrayal of a dalek (there are some dodgy ones out there).I knitted it up in sky blue and grey because I wanted to get a metallic feel to the dalek just like there was in the really early stories.


I hope you like the squares and if you're at all partial to mugs, please visit the links to my shops where there is a very geeky selection of them ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com