Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

Everything is Awesome!

I forgot to post this on the last entry but I took a photo of all the squares I had up to the Donnie Darko one so that I could get an idea of how big this thing is going to be when it's finished. I just wanted to see the size so far so a few of the squares are the wrong way around but it does give an idea of how it's going to look when it's finished.
And here is one of our cats, Inigo Meowtoya, staking his claim on the blanket before anyone else can. Sorry, husband of mine, looks like you were just too slow ;)


If I show you this photo of my husband and a birthday present he received last year...
...you will understand why one of the squares on this blanket had to represent Lego - I mean, look how happy he is with that Lego starship!

At the time, I couldn't find any Lego charts online so made my own. Then about a week later, Geek-a-long published their Lego pattern and I've since found a few others on Pinterest too. Sod's law! Never mind, there can't be too many Lego related knitting patterns out there, that's what I say.

Square number 22: Lego


I went with yellow to get the really iconic Lego brick and obviously needed white for the highlights but I find the pattern a hard to see in these colours. Maybe I should have gone with more of a mustard yellow instead.

This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com