Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2015

I Am The One Who Knits

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I had a geektastic one with some graphic novels, a load of X-Men DVDs and four, count them, four Hogwarts t-shirts. Santa knows me so well.

Despite Stephen Fry proclaiming on Christmas QI that decorations should stay up until the end of January, we're taking them down today. It's best to do it now before the cats get home from their holiday at the in-laws. They'll already be on edge and expecting us to shove them into their pet carriers again at any moment so I don't want to disrupt them all over again, bless 'em. So that's it; it's all over for another year. Our flat's going to be at least 50% less glittery until November ;)

We've been at my parents for the past week (hence the cats having to go on holiday; my parents' house is a pet-free zone) so I did the same trick as I did the last time we went to my in-laws, I took just one craft project that I knew would last long enough to tide me over until I got back home. And, funnily enough, it was the same project as I took to my in-laws: the reindeer hat (although this time I changed the pattern to a more family friendly one which I will show you at a later date). So I've had to take a break from the Blanket of Doom while I've been working on that. It's probably a good thing though, I've reached that point on the blanket where I'm beginning to think longingly of working on something, anything, else.

I'm still a bit ahead of this blog in real life so I still have squares to show you and today's is from my husband's second favourite TV show of all time, ever! And it's a show that I still haven't watched myself; partly because when so many people tell me that I have to watch something right now, I tend to automatically push back and refuse and partly because my husband loved it so much that he would explain every episode to me after he'd seen it and I pretty much know everything that happens in the show anyway. I'll watch it one day but I'm going to do it in my own time, dammit!

Square number 17: Breaking Bad



If you click on the link, you'll find that the pattern is actually for a friendship bracelet but it's a great design and I think it turned out pretty well when knitted up.

If anyone is up for making a blanket of their own then a brand new Geek-a-long challenge just started and it looks like it's going to be a really fun one; this year's theme is Mad Scientists and I'm already loving the first square. It'll probably be a lot easier when you only have to make one square a week rather than trying to make them all together because you didn't know about the challenge until November; just saying ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com