Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Check Meowt!

In the last entry of this blog, I posted a picture of one of my cats with The Blanket of Doom. So I thought I would introduce you to them all.

If you'd asked me 5 years ago if I liked cats, I would've laughed and insisted that I was more of a dog person. Then my husband had a couple of pints too many on a Saturday afternoon watching while football down the pub. Apparently he started getting worried on the walk home, that I might be angry with him for staying out longer than promised then he passed a sign in a house window that said 'free kittens to a good home' and a tipsy light bulb went off in his head - I couldn't get mad at him if he had got an adorable kitten for me, right? To be fair, she was and still is very adorable and she was definitely a better drunken gift than the time he bought me a loaf of bread.

So that's how Captain Americat - or Merry, for short - was added to our family and how I became a definite cat person.
Baby Merry
Merry now - 'helping' me with my knitting
About 6 months after we had Merry, my mother-in-law discovered her cat was pregnant and asked if we wanted one of the kittens. Of course we did! When they were born there was a little gray tabby among the other black and brown kittens in the litter that was definitely the kitten for us. And we named her Purrlock Holmes.
Purrlock when we first met her
Purrlock now - definitely not stealing things off the Christmas tree
When we visited the in-laws' to meet Purrlock, there was this other kitten who, when the other kittens were playing, would just sit and stare at my husband with these huge, sad eyes like Puss-in-boots from the Shrek films. I swear, my husband fell in love with that kitten quicker than he did with me, lol. So we suddenly went from having one cat to having three. My husband named his kitten Inigo Meowtoya after the Princess Bride film and those two are pretty much inseparable these days.
Inigo winning my husband over
Inigo now in all his fluffy glory
So those are my cats and I love them all to bits even though they're obviously plotting world domination. Seriously, I finished brushing my teeth last night and turned around to find this:
You can't tell me they aren't up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com