Pages

Friday 19 June 2015

Gaze into the Fist of Dredd!

I hope everyone is okay out there in craftyland. Things are good here. My parents visited at the weekend and we took them to the latest Attack! Pro Wrestling show: 'Rafflemania'. It was another great show and both of my parents have said they'd like to go again which I sort of expected from my dad but not my mum. it just goes to show how much fun the night is that even non-wrestling fans have a great time. So if you're ever in the Bristol area, I'd recommend looking Attack! up.

Purrlock went into the vets to be spayed at the end of last week and has been feeling sorry for herself ever since. She's the baby of my trio of cats and she's definitely playing on that this week; following me around and constantly climbing into my lap for cuddles, bless her. But I know that she'll feel better for it when her stitches have healed.
Woe is Purrlock
She did just run hell for leather when the doorbell went so I know she's not actually feeling as bad as she seems if she's still getting over excited when the postman's here, lol. Postman = new box to play in, obviously :) But this particular parcel is this month's Pop in a Box so she has to wait until the husband gets home before I can open it. As for PIAB, I've guessed wrong every month so far so I'm not sure if I should even bother guessing this month. But I think I'm going to go with something from Star Wars.

Anyway, back to the Blanket of Doom squares (we're almost at the end).

I've already mentioned that the husband is a huge 2000AD fan which is why I've already made him a Strontium Dog square. But I couldn't miss out the most famous character from 2000AD; Judge Dredd. Even I loved the Dredd movie (the Karl Urban film not the Stallone one) so this was a fun square to work on.

Square number 40: Judge Dredd



I had trouble coming up with a Dredd design that would work and then finally I got inspired by the various minimalist superhero designs that have been floating around the internet. I think it works really well and the husband loved it. It ended up being one of my favourite squares on the blanket.

This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com