Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

Smoke Me a Kipper, I'll be Back for Breakfast

Not only is this the second post of the day, it includes two of the squares I've knitted for the Blanket of Doom. The second post is because I've neglected the blog over the past couple of weeks (although I have still been knitting up a storm while binge-watching 'Spooks' on Netflix...or 'MI5' as is seems to be called in the US). The second square is because the pattern is one that I purchased, therefore I can't give you a link to the chart or post it here as I normally would: I will link you to the Etsy page though because it's a great little pattern that I would recommend anyone to purchase.

If you asked my husband what his favourite TV show is, he'll tell you either 'Breaking Bad' or 'Twin Peaks' but the TV show that he's the biggest nerd over is definitely 'Red Dwarf'. You can quote a line from the show and he will tell you the season and episode that it came from and then tell you everything that happened in that particular episode...in great depth. So there had to be at least one Red Dwarf square on his blanket but the problem is that it's difficult to come up with a clever design to put on a square. The only one I could find said 'Smeg' which is just a lazy reference in my book.

It quickly became obvious that I had to come up with my own chart for this square but even then, I struggled to think of a good reference to use. I attempted to make a Starbug square but because I couldn't use too much detail, it just looked like a green blob. Eventually, I decided to go with the London Jets logo, which is a bit more obscure than I'd like but this blanket's not for me and my husband loved the design.

[For those who don't know, The London Jets is Lister's favourite Zero-G Football team and he wears a few different t-shirts in the show all bearing their logo].

Square number 18: Red Dwarf



[This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here. ]


As I mentioned above, the second square I'm showing you in this post is one that I purchased from Richearts Etsy Shop. I originally bought it to make a cross stitch but, with a little tinkering to make the design suitable for two colours, it worked amazing well for my next square.

Square number 19: Alien



 Hopefully, I'll be back to my normal blogging schedule from this week on but I hop you enjoyed my bumper blogging day today <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com