Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

Not So Frolicking Reindeer (Or The Family Friendly Version)

Wow, it's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged; time really flies when you're ill and then super busy with other stuff. Yep, I got that whole flu bug that's immune to the flu jab lurgy again and this time passed it on to my dad, who passed it on to my mum etc... It's a nasty little bug and I hope you've managed to avoid it.

But in far nicer news, my new sublimation printer is here! My new mug heat press is here! It's time for a whole new venture! It'll be sad to move away from having t-shirt printing as my main business but big sites like Qwertee and Teefury have knocked my little Ebay shop for six and I've been really struggling for the past year. A new direction was needed and I hope my sublimation printer will lead the way. I'll be overhauling my Ebay shop and building up my Etsy shop and I'll keep you updated on that.

In my last post, I mentioned knitting another Reindeer hat (this is the third one I've made so they're pretty popular this winter). This particular version was for my father-in-law who didn't want the naughty reindeer side to his hat so I had to try and find a new design that he'd like. I eventually found a lovely little cottage design that would work nicely with the trees that were already in the reindeer pattern. This time I worked the hat up in navy and dusky blue colours and I think it looks great; the alien from Toy Story agrees...

With the two sides to the hat, the width is the perfect size but it's a very long hat which works well for my husband but I did remove some of the pattern to make it a little smaller for my father-in-law. It still looks great though and it'll definitely keep him warm on his early morning milk round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com