Pages

Thursday 18 December 2014

When There's No More Room in Hell, the Dead Will Walk the Earth

If you go back to my post about the Arsenal square I knitted, you will see that one of my husband's five favourite things is zombies (seriously, zombies beat me and made it onto the shortlist...zombies!). So I knew that I had to do a zombie square but I had no idea how to go about it. I didn't want to go with a specific TV show or film because that would be more about the film than the zombies themselves. There are a few shuffling zombie cross stitch designs out there that I could have adapted but with only 45x57 stitches, I could've only fit one zombie onto the square and without the others, that's not a zombie - that's the outline of a man walking a little tipsily.

Then I found this little beauty, designed by Hyraea and turned into a cross stitch pattern by carand88. It's a zombie cat! And it's perfect (purrfect?) because I've been looking for a way to represent our cats in this blanket that wasn't too girly.

Obviously, I had to change it slightly so that the design was two colours, which took a little something away from the pattern so I added flies to emphasize the rotting flesh aspect.

Square number 15: Zombie Cat



Weirdly, I think it looks better on the reverse side with the red cat on a green background.

I'm not sure that this was a complete success but my husband likes it and it means that we got our cats on the blanket so I'm happy to leave it as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com