Pages

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Say It Ain't So

I've been away again, this time visiting my in-laws, which is why I haven't posted anything here for about a week. I also didn't make any squares while I was gone because I didn't want to lug around a huge bag of wool in different colours for different squares - I did take two balls of wool though to knit a (slightly naughty) hat for my husband and I'll post pics of that when it's done.

On the plus side, as a result of being away, I have finally got around to watching the first three seasons of American Horror Story and can now get on with watching season 4.

Okay, back to the Blanket of Doom. When I first mentioned making this, I showed my husband the Geek-a-long page so that he could see examples and he excitedly exclaimed "They've made a Weezer square!". Unfortuntely, he was looking at GAL's Wonder Woman square which also employs the flying W that Weezer use as their logo. He looked so crestfallen when I pointed that out that there was no way I couldn't make him a Weezer square for his blanket.


Square number 10: Weezer

So I basically took the flying W from GAL's Wonder Woman square then, just to completely seperate the kickass band from the kickass superhero, I added an arty circle around the design. A pretty simple square really but I think it's effective.


I knitted it in spring green and baby blue but any colours will work.

This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com