Pages

Friday 5 December 2014

You are a Member of the Rebel Alliance, and a Traitor

I'm still working on the mischievous winter hat for my husband so I haven't knitted any new squares in about a week. At this rate my posting of the squares will catch up with my making of the squares and then I'll be in all sorts of trouble.

As you already know from my previous posting of my husbands five favourite things, he loves Star Wars. The fact that he's a Star Wars and I'm a Star Trek fan is probably the biggest point of contention in our marriage ;) But he did take me to see both of the new Star Trek films at the cinema so I guess I'll go and watch the new Star Wars films with him.

He's pretty firmly an 'Original Trilogy Only' fan and doesn't really stray into the expanded universe of the books and the rest (which turned out to be a good thing when they were suddenly declared not-canon). So when I drew out the design for the Geek-a-long's Jedi Order Square his comment was 'I didn't know the Jedi Order had a symbol'. Oops, I guess that comes more from the expanded universe? I really don't know. So, with all apologies to the Lattes and Lamas' girls, I had to leave that particular design and look for something a bit more recognisable.

To be fair, this is Star Wars we're talking about so it was probably less than 10 minutes of searching before I found Linda's cushion pattern.

Square number 11: The Rebel Alliance







My best friend's husband (who's an even bigger Star Wars fan than mine) usually ignores our BFF crafty squees chats but this time said 'You should make an Empire one too', so I'm counting this square as a win :D

Also, I don't know why the red looks hot pink in the first pic but it's definitely red and not the Disco Rebels insignia instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com