Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

I signed up for the free month of Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago because I ordered a lot of stuff from them and was too impatient to wait for the normal delivery time. A nice side benefit of this is that we've had access to Amazon Prime streaming and have been trying to watch as much as we can on there before it disappears again. So if you're wondering why this post is late, you can blame it on the brilliant 'Black Sails'. I also highly recommend 'Bosch', 'Toast' and 'Constantine' - the latter is made even better because of the hilarious way they keep trying to convince you that Constantine is from Liverpool (to be in keeping with the comic book) even though the actor has a blatant Welsh accent :)

I have run out of wool again - I really did think that 300g would be enough to do all the joining and edging but was woefully wrong. Unfortunately, the wool fairy is currently on holiday in Lanzarote and I can't buy the particular brand I need in Bristol, so I have to wait until she gets home and can post me some more. I've only got one row to add to the blanket though, so it's big enough that the husband has already started using it when he gets chilly.

Obviously, I'm still behind in posting the blanket squares on here so I can get on with that. Next up in the music block that I knitted up is The Ramones. They just had to be in there, there was no question about that really. I was originally going to do the classic Ramones logo with the eagle and names but in order to fit it into the size I needed, it would've ended up as a squashed mess. So I hunted through our CD collection and found the Pinhead Skull logo which worked out great because it was a design that could do double duty and also represent American Horror Story.

Square number 36: The Ramones.


Again, I'm happy with how this knitted up. It's simple but effective.

This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com