Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Speak Friend and Enter

I'm still not feeling great but at least the all over aching has stopped; it all seems to have moved into a headcold now so I'm still snuggled in my sofa blanket nest and demanding Lemsips (I don't know why they taste better when my husband makes them, they just do).

I am feeling well enough to get back to the knitting now and also to tell you the saga of my new phone. I mentioned a few posts back that I wanted a new phone to play WWE Supercards on, well besically I just wanted a phone that would let me download any app or game and will also pass along all of my text messages instead of those the phone wanted to. My phone is actually in my dad's name due to a package deal he got a few years back on phones for me and my mum so I had to wait until we could go to a shop together and get an upgrade. While my parents were visiting, I upgraded to a Nokia Lumia because I wanted a phone with a really good camera. We traded in my old handset as part of the deal and then my parents went back to Wales and I went home.

The guy at the shop mentioned that I may need to use my old sim card until my new one kicked in so I opened the back of the phone and realised that my old sim card didn't actually fit in my new handset. No problem, I just had to wait until my new sim card started working. Except it didn't start working. I had a quick Google and realised that I just needed to talk to my inetwork provider and get the sim card switched over (either they guy in the shop hadn't done it after all or something else had gone wrong along the way).

My husband was in work so I couldn't phone them as all I had was my not-currently-working mobile phone so I emailed them, explaining the situation and asking them to switch my sim card on. I didn't hear anything back from them for two days then got an email saying that they'd been trying to call me and couldn't get an answer...obviously. The gist of the rest of the email was that they couldn't deal with me because the phone's not in my name - which isn't a problem I've had before because I am listed on the account. So I emailed my dad, asked him to call them and when he did, he got told 'Where have you been? We've been waiting for you to contact us to turn the sim on for days'!

Ahh well. It's probably a good thing I didn't have a phone this week anyway, I would've just called my friends and family to moan at them about how ill I felt, lol.

Really long rant over, lets talk about the next square. For this one, I went back to the Geek-a long blanket. I wanted to have a Tolkein related square and I thought their design was really clever.

Square number 8: The Lord of the Rings

This square features the word 'friend' in elvish as in the riddle on the Doors of Durin.
The photo is a little washed out but in real life the square is a lovely sage green and buttermilk yellow colour. I was really pleased with this square, it turned out great.

I hope that you're all staving off the flu and having a better week than me (end of the week, at least). And here's a fun fact before you leave; did you know that the Nokia Lumia is a Windows phone that, it turns out, doesn't support the WWE Supercards app?   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com