Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2014

London Calling

I haven't posted much this week as we've been away. We went to London for my husband's 40th (yes, the birthday's here and the blanket's nowhere near done; at this rate he'll be lucky to get it for his 41st, lol).

London was amazing. I've only been a few times before, usually on a day trip with my mum, so it was really fun to stay there for a few days. We got to be really touristy and walked around until my feet threatened to give up and leave me.

As you know, we're big fans of WWE here and when I was researching the area our hotel was in, I discovered that there was an independent wrestling show being held around the corner on our first night there. So that was the first night sorted and it was amazing! We've never been to a live wrestling show before and it was so much fun. The crowd were so into it and yelling the most hilarious chants. We're definitely going to keep an eye out for more independent shows in the Bristol area.




The next day was the real touristy one. We went to Covent Garden to check out the market and all the Christmas regalia.


A giant silver reindeer to match the silver glittery one on my desk but then we spotted...real mini reindeer!



Seriously, how adorable are they? I wanted to feed them but they were only letting the kids do that; foiled again by those pesky kids ;)

Our final night was my husband's big birthday present; his favourite band, Carter USM, had their last ever gig at Brixton Academy. I don't have any photos from that because the last time my husband went to a gig there, he got pickpocketed, so this time we didn't take anything but our tickets, enough cash for a couple of drinks and ourselves. It was possibly the craziest concert I've ever been to and that's saying something.

So that was our trip away. We had a great time and will definitely doing it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com