Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Our Princess is in Another Castle

A double post today, one personal and one stitchy.

On the Geek-a-long they have a Mario mushroom square. I know that Simon would love a mushroom square but, as great as the Geek-a-long one is, I think he'd prefer a more traditional, rounder mushroom from the earlier Mario games. So I researched a few different types of cross stich patterns and made a chart which should work for both knitting and cross stitch. It's a lot smaller than the designs in the other squares but I think that it looks right for Mario.

Square number 9: Mario Mushroom.


I'm very happy with the way this turned out. I wasn't sure how it would look with a white face rather than beige but it looks good.

This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com