Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Looking for Love in Alderaan Places!

I love fair isle knitting, I think it looks fab and it's really fun to knit up. That's why I enjoyed making the Frolicking Reindeer hats so much.

[Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the first one I made before I gifted it to a friend]   
 When I was trawling the internet, looking for a pattern to use on the inside of the blue reindeer hat, I happened upon a bunch of geeky fair isle patterns - Doctor Who, Star Wars, Zelda etc. and I pinned  them on my Pinterest account for future use. A few weeks later, I was looking for something to put in the square allocated to another Star Wars pattern and I suddenly had a brilliant thought; why not use part of that fair isle pattern I'd put away for a rainy day [or to make a scarf next winter]?

So I headed over to Doodlewhale's site and grabbed the chart, which turned out not to be a knitting chart at all but a design for a fair isle style t-shirt; it worked brilliantly anyway. I picked out my favourite bit - the AT AT Walker getting all tied up - and set to work.

Square number 25: Star Wars: AT AT Walker

I think that this is my favourite square yet, it looks great and I'm happy that I decided to go with navy and white rather than black and white - it feels more snowy and wintery.

Weirdly enough, when I was half way through knitting this square, the lovely Kaleidiscope  on Ravelry.com noticed that I'd made some Star Wars projects and linked me to another Star Wars fair isle scarf pattern that also has an AT AT on it. Such a cool coincidence. Plus I loved the pattern she linked me to so keep an eye out for that, I'm hoping to make it later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com