Pages

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Hunter Pence Has Already Finished His Christmas Shopping

The third square for my husband's blanket is actually rather timely. About six years ago ESPN America appeared on our TVs over here and gave us baseball. Immediately my family became a bit obsessed with the game and whereas my dad latched onto the New York Yankees, my husband went for the far more crazy San Francisco Giants. Obviously, my husband's pick was the better choice.

ESPN America may have left our TVs again (and I really miss Around the Horn) but we're still able follow baseball online and my husband is still a huge Giants fan. So the decision for this square was rather obvious.

One of my first knitting efforts when I first started back in 2012 was to make him a pair of Giants themed fingerless gloves.
While the gloves themselves fell apart after a couple of months, I still have the chart I used. Just the logo seemed a little plain though and I remembered that I'd seen a load of knitted hats being worn at the games which had the Golden Gate Bridge on them.So I found a couple of photos of similar hats online and then figured out my own chart.


Square number 3: San Francisco Giants



This is a design that I made for my own personal use and is not endorsed by or being used by Lamas and Lattes or the official Geek-a-long blanket. I am merely a fan of their project and have decided to make my own version. Don't forget to visit the Geek-a-long page to show your support for the official Geek-a-long blanket project which is raising money for a great cause and if you'd like to donate to that cause then please visit The Child's Play Charity here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com